FAQs & Warranty
- Yes, the low standby power consumption corresponds to savings of up to £230 over the lifetime of the opener compared to the majority of garage door openers that are installed around the world. Long lasting LED’s (up to 50,000 hours of service) have no warm up phase, so the light is bright immediately.Significantly lower CO2 emissions and there are no heavy metal or mercury elements in the production process.
- Yes, with the LiftMaster Evolution range you will receive a convenient wireless wall station that can be positioned anywhere inside you garage for easy access to enable you to operate your garage door. You will also receive 2 x high quality hand transmitters.
- even All LiftMaster products are provided with excellent warranties. The new Evolution operator line has an increased warranty period up to a maximum of 7 years (LM100EVS) to demonstrate that LiftMaster provides premium quality products. Please refer to specific products for warranty terms.
- LiftMaster lead the way in terms of smart home automation for garage doors. The revolutionary LiftMaster myQ technology is the first garage door control system to be integrated with the Google Nest platform. The optional myQ system allows you to set your Nest Learning Thermostat or Nest Cam using the myQ app. You can also move seamlessly between apps allowing you to open or close your garage door from anywhere you can access the internet… and watch it all happen if you have set up a Nest Cam inside your garage.
- LiftMaster are the World’s No.1 garage door automation company and have been a leading provider of convenience and security products for homes since the early 1960’s. Around the world there are more LiftMaster openers installed than any other brand. The state of the art technology of the new Evolution line is the combination of a new logic and energy efficiency. Evolution garage door openers are equipped with the best bi-directional radio performance ever. In short: The best radio performance ever and more importantly: myQ technology. MyQ provides revolutionary technology for garage door automation enabling you to effectively monitor and control your garage remotely from anywhere in the world via smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Due to the inherent quality of our DuraPass doors we offer a 5 year residential warranty and a 3 year non-residential warranty with all DuraPass doors.
- The DuraPass door is expertly designed and manufactured so that no visible fixings are visible on the outside of the door. This eliminates rusting and marking around rivet and spot weld sections – a problem common to other door types. We also use a robust ERA 4 point multi lock as standard ensuring enhanced security on this access point. The door is provided with a euro cylinder and 3 keys as standard. In the manufacture of the door we also use 3 corrosion resistant hinges and we only use stainless steel rivets to fix with. The door also offers a great degree of flexibility and can be ordered hinged left or right and open in or open out.
- We have a number of standard size options available with the DuraPass range. We can also make to measure from 885mm-1140mm in Overall frame Width to 1865mm-2390mm in Overall frame Height.
- There are a wide variety of design options available within our DuraPass range to ensure a solution for your specific requirements. Our most popular model is the vertical boarded design however you can see the full product offering within the website.
- Every DuraPass door includes ERA 4 point multilock as standard ensuring an extremely secure solution for your outside access door requirements.
- The DuraPass door is available in White and also a variety of foil laminate colours including Black, Anthracite Grey, Golden Oak & Rosewood.
- The DuraRoll door has a unique broad profile design, available in a multitude of standard colours that lends itself perfectly to residential applications. It is manufactured from quality Tata Steel that is 25% heavier than most of our main competitors adding additional strength making it a much more robust solution. As our roller door operates vertically you can also utilise all of the available space on your drive versus a traditional canopy or one-piece garage door that kicks out when opening. At GDS we take security seriously and we only use full metal lock body mechanisms within our locks unlike alternative models that incorporate plastic components. The roller door also provides a clean solution within the garage rolling up neatly behind the garage opening.
- Yes, you have the option of having a manual or automated Garage Door Systems DuraRoll roller door. When automating the roller door we use the ultra-reliable LiftMaster LM650 rolling door operator. This is supplied with 2 x hand transmitters and a convenient wireless wall station. LiftMaster are the World’s No.1 garage door automation company.
- Standard DuraRoll Doors – To install a Standard DuraRoll door you require 95mm room each side of the opening. Should you wish to automate your door you require 125mm room at one of the sides only. Above the opening you will require a minimum of 431mm headroom for full opening of the door.
Mini DuraRoll Doors – To install a Mini DuraRoll door you require 95mm room each side of the opening. Should you wish to automate your Mini DuraRoll door you require 125mm room at one of the sides only. Above the opening you will require 431mm headroom for full opening of the door.
- Our Standard DuraRoll door is available up to 4877mm (16ft) in width and 3048mm (10ft) in height. The Mini DuraRoll is available up to 3048mm (10ft) in width and 2134mm (7ft) in height.
- You have lots of choice with our single skin roller garage doors with 12 standard colours and 2 woodgrain foil laminate finishes to choose from.
Standard Colours: Black, White, Anthracite Grey, Juniper Green, Navy Blue, Burgundy, Goosewing Grey, Vandyke Brown, Merlin Grey, Honesty Cream, Olive Green, Mushroom.
Foil Laminate Colours: Golden Oak & Rosewood.
- A common misconception regarding insulated roller doors is that they have a credible U-Value attached and are a good solution to help insulate homes with attached garages. Although the door is constructed from 15mm insulated slats it does not have an attributable U-Value. If insulation is a key requirement we would recommend our 42mm insulated sectional garage door range.
- There are numerous advantages to an insulated roller door. It is automated as standard providing a convenient solution for your home. There is a wide range of standard colours to choose from to complement your surroundings. The door operates vertically providing you with more space on your driveway and you have a nice neat appearance on the inside of your garage without the need for tracks.
To achieve an effective seal you must ensure you have a level floor for the bottom of the door seal to close against. Whilst commonly referred to as an “insulated roller door” we must also advise that although the door is constructed form insulated slats it does not have an attributable U-Value.
If insulation is a key requirement we would recommend our 40mm insulated sectional garage door range.
- In the event of a power cut you can operate the door via a manual override handle that is supplied with all doors. This facility is only applicable for emergency circumstances. You must have an alternative access point to get inside your garage to use the manual override should there be a power failure. If you do not have alternative access to your garage you would need to also consider installing an external emergency override that con operate the door without the need to access the garage.
- Our ThermaRoll insulated roller door is automated as standard and comes with 2 x hand transmitters. There is also an internal control box that is fitted within close proximity of the roller curtain and this has a courtesy light and convenient up, down and stop buttons.
- Today there is an ever increasing number of insulated roller doors being offered in the market however there is a big difference in terms of quality and safety between some of the differing door manufacturers.
The main reason why some doors being offered show significant cost differences is that they are not legal and do not have the required safety levels that the law demands built into the door. As insulated roller doors are automated as standard the law requires that the leading edge of the curtain must have safety reverse functionality included in the event the door curtain comes into contact with anything before it reaches its resting position. If your garage door does not have this function included it has the potential to entrap and seriously harm or kill someone.
At Safe And Secure Garage Doors, we only supply compliant products that are both legal and safe. Please don’t take a risk. If you have any concerns regarding insulated roller doors please contact a member of our staff for some expert impartial advice.
- Standard ThermaRoll Doors – To install a standard ThermaRoll door you require 75mm room each side for doors up to 4500mm overguide width and 90mm room each side for doors up to 5200mm overguide width. Above the opening you will require 300mm headroom for doors up to 2250mm in height and 350mm headroom for doors taller than 2250mm.
Mini ThermaRoll Doors – To install a ThermaRoll Mini door you require 60mm room each side and 205mm of headroom above the opening.
- You have lots of choice with a ThermaRoll garage door with 11 standard colours and 3 woodgrain foil finishes to choose from.
- Our Standard ThermaRoll door is available up to 5200mm over guide width and 2500mm Guide Height. The ThermaRoll Mini is available up to 3000mm over guide width and 2150 Guide Height.
- The sectional garage door is a very versatile product and can be installed in most garage door openings. Fitting a sectional garage door behind the garage opening optimises your drive through width & height. An automated sectional garage door requires a minimum of 90mm room on each side of the garage opening and 145mm headroom above the opening. There will also be backroom requirements to enable the door to open and this is determined by the height of the door.
- A sectional garage door can be operated manually however most of our customer (around 90%) opt to have their garage door automated. We only fit LiftMaster – the world’s No. 1 garage door automation company and lead the way in terms of reliability, safety and SMART garage door technology.
All our sectional garage doors when automated are supplied with 2 x quality hand transmitters and an extremely convenient wireless wall button. You also have the option to control and monitor your garage door remotely via a smartphone (iPhone & android) bringing a new level of convenience and user experience to the garage door.
- The standard colour offerings on a sectional garage door are warranted for 10 years and laminate foil finish colours are warranted for 5 years. Door components and hardware are warranted for 5 years. We only use LiftMaster the world’s No.1 garage door automation company to automate our sectional garage doors – these garage door operators also include excellent warranties across the range.
For full details on all our warranties are contained within our customer care booklet. Should you wish to have any information clarified please call a member of our team who will be delighted to assist.
- We can provide and automate sectional garage doors up to 5486mm wide x 3657mm high in new money or 18ft x 12ft in old money.
- If your garage is attached to your home, we would recommend our sectional garage door. There are a few things you need to consider in your decision:
Physical Security: First there is the physical security aspect. As the garage is attached to your home you want to ensure that the garage door does not provide an opportunist with easy access to your home. The sectional garage door is the most secure garage door we offer delivering exceptional performance and security.
Insulation & Draught Resistance: Constructed from 42mm thick insulated sections the sectional garage door includes full perimeter weather seals that ensures optimum draught resistance. The door panels deliver excellent thermal performance and the sectional door is the only garage door with a credible U-Value (0.51 W/(m2K) through the section).
Noise Proofing: The sectional garage door also acts as an excellent noise barrier due to the robust construction with the 42mm think, dense panels.
Design: If your garage is attached to you home the sectional garage door has many design, colour and window options to choose from to best complement its surroundings. The garage door can be a highly visible feature of your home and it is amazing how much the design of a door influences the overall aesthetics of the surroundings.
- Our sectional garage door is the most robust, reliable and top performing garage door within our range. Constructed from 42mm thick insulated double steel skin sections this model is available in a wide range of design and colour options to suit any home. Our Police Preferred Specification is a certified Secured by Design automated sectional garage door that is tested and approved to burglar resistance STS2002 Level BR1 for garage doorsets.
The Secured by Design program supports the principals of “Designing out Crime” through physical security processes giving you additional peace of mind.
- The U value of a garage door is a measure of the amount of heat that passes through a surface area of 1m2 for each degree of temperature difference between the inside and outside. Therefore, the lower the U value, the more energy-efficient the material is. The U value is a function of the thickness of the material and the material’s thermal conductivity.
A common misconception regarding sectional doors is to take the U value of the panel (or even just the U value of the foam) and to apply it to the whole door. In the case of our sectional door panel the U value is 0.51 W/(m2K)
To properly calculate the true U value of a sectional Door, one needs to consider not only the U value of the sectional panel (which differs from one manufacturer to another) but also to include the panel joints, side seals and any other places that the heat can be conducted on an assembled door.
The GDS sectional Doors have been tested for thermal performance at the SP technical institute in Sweden.
• GDS through the section U value 0.51 W/(m2K)
• GDS Installed Door U value 1.3 W/(m2K)
If you have any queries please get in touch, we’re happy to help!
All our garage door products’ are independently tested and certified to comply with the highest safety requirements and performance characteristics or the European Safety Norms EN 13241-1. This is our commitment to providing products that are both safe and durable. The following section covers the warranty periods and the conditions associated with them.
All warranties apply from the original date of purchase.
DuraRoll Steel Roller Garage Doors
Garage Door Components: 5 years
Garage Door Plastisol Colours: 10 years
Garage Door Foil Colours: 5 years
The extended warranty period excludes keys
DuraTherm Sectional Garage Doors
Garage Door Components: 5 years
Garage Door Factory Finished Colours: 10 years
Garage Door Foil Colours, Custom Painted, BS & RAL Colours: 5 year
ThermaRoll Roller Garage Doors
Garage Door Components: 5 years
Garage Door Foil Colours: 10 years
Garage Door Factory Finished Colours: 5 years
The extended warranty period excludes hand transmitters, batteries, fuses and light bulbs.
DuraPass Side Hinged Personnel Doors
Residential Use: 5 years
Non-Residential Use: 3 years
Manufacturing Defect: 2 years
LM 650 Drive Motor: 2 years
LM 60 EVO Drive Motor: 4 years
LM 80 EVO Drive Motor: 5 years
LM 100 EVO Drive Motor: 7 years
The extended warranty period excludes hand transmitters, batteries, fuses and light bulbs.
Terms & Conditions
If, within the applicable warranty period, the garage door or parts are found to have manufacturing defects, upon inspection by authorised Safe and Secure Garage Doors personnel, we will, repair, repaint, or replace, at its option, the defective door or parts.
Any charges for shipping, removal, installation or other labour charges are the responsibility of the purchaser. Safe and Secure Garage Doors will be the sole judge of warranty claims.
At its discretion Safe and Secure Garage Doors may instruct the purchaser to return the defective door or part(s), prepaid, to our facility.
The warranties are for single-family, first owner, residential installations of complete garage doors.
The warranties do not apply to commercial, industrial or nonresidential uses (except DuraPass).
The warranties extend to installations in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
The warranties are only valid if the door has been installed by an approved Garage Door Systems’ installation specialist.
The warranties are only valid if genuine parts are used in any repairs or maintenance. The warranty period for replacement parts is 6 months or the balance of the original warranty period if greater.
Attempted repairs by non-qualified individuals shall invalidate this warranty.
You must care for, service and maintain your door as set out in this booklet and maintain suitable records. Your door must be serviced at the end of 2 years and then every 2 years. Failure to do so may invalidate any warranty claim.
Claims must be notified within a reasonable time after discovery of any defect. Proof of purchase must be provided.
Immovable frame parts, seals, door components, hardware & locks:
If any door parts (excluding glass, frames or inserts) are not functioning reliably, we will repair or replace them for the period stated in the warranty. These door parts include but are not limited to springs, wire cables, track, rollers, drum wheels, guides or door hinges.
The warranty period for electric operators excludes consumable items – batteries, hand transmitters, fuses and light bulbs.
The extended warranty on electric openers for sectional and roller doors is separate, although the period of the warranty is listed here.
Door sections or curtain
If your door sections or curtain perforate through from the weather side due to corrosion, we will repair or replace those sections for the period stated.
During your warranty period the colour of the door curtain may change due to weathering (UV radiation and/or coastal conditions…etc). This is considered normal and not covered by this warranty.
Should an instance ever occur where a sectional door panel does rust through, then only the affected panel will be replaced. Due to weathering, the new panel will not exactly match the colour of the old.
In this instance the door should be repainted by the customer with a proprietary paint system, following the paint manufacturers’ instructions and the door should be cleaned regularly.
Surfaces must be freely exposed to washing by rainfall and kept clear of accumulated dirt and debris and given equal exposure to local environmental conditions and consistent natural lighting conditions across the face of the door.
The quality check should be carried out in natural daylight, not direct sunlight whilst standing a distance of 3 metres from the door to view the overall appearance. From this distance the door should appear free from marks or distortions, stains, blemishes, indentations or scuffs.
At least 10% of the overall door surface area must be impacted. Chips, scratches, rubbing or scuffing, which result in cosmetic or surface corrosion, or natural fade or weathering of the finished surface are not covered in this warranty.
Marking over time to both sides of a roller and insulated roller door curtain is normal and not considered part of any warranty.
The corrosion of swarf filings or other air borne particles, rusting or staining of the panel is not considered panel rust.
Exclusions. The warranties do not apply to:
Damage or deterioration caused by abuse or misuse.
Improper initial and subsequent operation.
Normal wear and tear on items such as brushes in the guides, rollers, seals and other areas of contact during normal operation.
Improper storage, installation or handling.
Failure to provide reasonable and necessary maintenance.
Acts of God, fire, alterations and/or additions to door, or damage or discolouration from the effects of atmospheric conditions, including, but not limited to:
(1) areas subject to high moisture or salt atmosphere
(eg Coastal Regions – within 2 miles of the sea)
(2) areas subject to fallout or exposure to caustic, abrasive or corrosive chemicals and substances, fumes, ash, cement, dust, animal waste, or foreign substances
(3) flood water, areas subject to water runoff, or runoff from lead, copper or galvanic metal flashing.
Whilst our doors are durable and long lasting under normal conditions, this warranty does not extend to inherent defects in steel or other material used in the manufacturing process. The Manufacturer will however, procure and assign to the customer the benefit of the warranty of the manufacturer of the steel or other materials.
In no circumstances shall Safe and Secure Garage Doors be liable in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise howsoever, and whatever the cause thereof, for any increased costs or expenses, for any loss of profit, business, contracts, revenues or anticipated savings, or for any special, indirect or consequential damage of any nature whatsoever.
All other representations or warranties (whether written or oral, express or implied by statute, common law, or otherwise howsoever) other than those set out above are hereby excluded.
If you have any queries please get in touch, we’re happy to help!